What is a means to Me

Lady in White Gloves

In addition to enough, Sally asks the question: what is a lady?. The post has inspired many of his readers to share their thoughts on "gentlemanly behavior," and I thought I would weigh in with my own definition.

As I was reading some of the comments to the post by Sally, I ran into Pam (Over50Feeling40) the perspective of what it means to be a lady ...


A lady is one of strength and dignity ... she is confident she is … and sure of what she believes ... She is cheerful and loves life (not always constrained) ….yet, not necessarily in dress, but dignified stature and wisdom. You can discern when to laugh, when to cry .... her strength comes from deep inside. "

Those thoughts really resonated with me because the first two words that come to mind when I think that the "Lady" is force and the confidence. I also believe that a lady should be polite, respectful and demonstrate acts of goodness. Isn't that what we should all be doing anyway?

I don't buy into the idea that a lady should be prim and proper style and demeanor. However, I think that a lady should be tasteful in his style of dress expressing their unique sense of fashion.

Personally, I consider myself a lady even if once in a blue moon will curse, get loud, burp, or do anything else someone may consider correspondingly.

I'm good in my skin. I don't feel like I have to apologize to me or pretend to be someone they are not only fit in place of another person.

What do you think? What it means to be a lady in media to you?
View the original article here

Related Post